A Guide to Argentine Tango on the Central Coast of California
- Wednesdays at The Oddfellows' Hall, 520 Dana St., SLO with Todd.
5:30-6:30pm Beyond the Basics - Intermediate
6:30-7:30pm Basics - All Levels
$15 per class
- Thursdays at Nexus, 3845 S. Higuera, SLO with Rich.
6:00-7:00pm And More - Intermediate
7:00-8:00pm Fundamentals - All Levels
Downstairs in the SLO Public Market at Higuera and Tank Farm. Please
pre-register at Nexus SLO.
$20 per class, $75 per 4 week series (includes practica after).
- Thursdays 8:00-9:30pm at Nexus, 3845 S. Higuera, SLO. Everyone welcome - no partner or
experience necessary. At this supervised practice, work on all elements of
tango from walking, balance, and partnership to adornments, boleos, and
ganchos while dancing to a variety of tango, milonga, and vals.
$10 drop-in or free with lesson. Please pre-register for practica if not
taking the class, Nexus SLO.
- Sunday, June 12, 2-4pm, at The Center SLO, 672 Higuera (walk through the boutique to the back). Fun and casual practica in downtown SLO. $5. Please
register to sign the required Liability Waiver. Scroll down a bit until you can click on the Register button on the left just above the calendar of classes. Text Carolyn at 805-459-8591 if you need help.
- Saturday, June 25, and July 23 in Morro Bay at Valentina's Place
365 Quintana F2
7:30 - 10:30 Milonga.
Masks optional. Vaccination records not required.
Bring snackies or drink to share.
$10 per person.
- Saturday, Aug 27, in San Luis Obispo at Derek's home
1343 Pismo St. (limited parking, please carpool if you can)
7:30 - 8:00 Meet, Greet, & Eat
8:00 - 11:00 Milonga
Music: 2/3 Traditional; 1/3 Other
We are looking for a nice location for a social dance about once a month. Preferably it would have
the feel of a social, public place (like a coffee shop, club, bar, or restaurant) as apposed to a private
party atmosphere. If you know of such a place, please contact Rich.