A Guide to Argentine Tango on the Central Coast of California
Classes / Labs
- Thursdays at SLO Public Market, 3845 S. Higuera, Top Floor.
5:15-5:45pm Chamuyo (discussion group)
FREE - socialize and discuss all things Tango that we often don't have time to address in class.
- Thursdays at Nexus, 3845 S. Higuera, SLO with Rich.
6:00-7:00pm Intermediate Class
7:00-8:00pm Fundimentals Class
Downstairs in the SLO Public Market at Higuera and Tank Farm. Please
pre-register at Nexus SLO.
Dancers not ready for the intermediate level material are welcome to use the first hour for warm-up and practice. Intermediate dancers are welcome to stay and practice or participate in the fundimentals class.
$20 drop-in, includes practica after, see registration link above for package deals.
- Sundays at The Oddfellows' Hall, 520 Dana St.
6:30-7:00pm All Levels - something for everyone. The lab format has dancers of all levels volunteer to bring up a topic for everyone to explore as a group.
$10, includes dancing after
- Thursdays 8:00-9:00pm at Nexus, 3845 S. Higuera, SLO. Everyone welcome - no partner or
experience necessary. At this supervised practice, work on all elements of
tango from walking, balance, and partnership to adornments, boleos, and
ganchos while dancing to a variety of tango, milonga, and vals.
$10 drop-in or free with lesson.
- Saturday, November 18th, 7:00-10:00pm at Nexus, 3845 S. Higuera, SLO, Hosted by Linda Beekman.
- Other Milongas are scheduled irregularly. Please subscribe to the
and/or keep an eye on the
We are looking for a nice location for a social dance about once a month. Preferably it would have
the feel of a social, public place (like a coffee shop, club, bar, or restaurant) as apposed to a private
party atmosphere. If you know of such a place, please contact Rich.
Social Dances -- Not a Milonga or a Practica
Some people just want to dance -- that's cool -- no Milonga etiquette (tandas or cabeseos) no supervision or exercises.
- Sundays, at The Oddfellows' Hall, 520 Dana St., SLO.
7:00-9:00, Traditional tango music as well as alternative/fusion.
$10 for the evening